How To SEO Optimize Your Favorite Content Management System?
CMS or Content Management Systems can be regarded as the pillars of building a website. The well-established CMS solutions like WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, and osCommerce (open source Commerce) have captured the CMS market within a few years so far. Now you are looking for which is the best one for SEO. Nevertheless, to tackle this puzzle you need to consider your skill level and the purpose of your site in the first place.
Proper osCommerce assure the smooth functioning of the website and thereby encourage the customers for buying. Hence search engines help the user to have a supplier list for almost any item or product and thereby move to the next supplier on the list. That is why osCommerce has become an efficient service offered by many software development agencies. It enables the producers, managers, and sellers to adapt their needs in terms of their online store.
Joomla Content Management System –
For the optimum Search Engine Optimization, mapping your requirements with the help of CMS is necessary, so your website along with your abilities is at stake! SEO for Joomla is implemented by leaving global meta tags and keyword configuration, applied overall the pages including the components. Nevertheless, third party plug-ins is necessary for sound Joomla SEO solutions so that it will be operated in the correct manner. Here are some basic tips to optimize pages using Joomla –
1. Turning on Joomla Search Engine Friendly (SEF) URLs –
We know that Search Engine Friendly (SEF) URLs need to be changed as they are not turned on by default. The dynamic pages are added into the search engine and got indexed when the SEF URLs have no ‘?’ mark.
2. The Joomla sh404SEF plugin –
The easy to install Joomla sh404SEF is the best SEO friendly plugin. You can set up your own custom URLs instead of automatic ones by downloading and installing this plugin. Title tags and Meta tags can be set manually. Moreover, the provision of advanced security functions is possible with this plugin.
3. Clean URLs and good page titles –
If your Joomla pages have a good page title and clean URL, they can be ‘sensed’ by the humans and search engines.
4. Insertion of H1 tags in Joomla –
The giant search engines such as Google, Yahoo and MSN give extra importance to H1 tags. Hence, the SEO specialist inserts H1 tags in Joomla and this is taken for granted by people in general.
5. Duplicate content issue –
Alike other CMS, Joomla creates duplicate content issues, but sh404SEF plugin palliates many of these issues, although not, all in all. Publishing PDF or print icons on pages are the primary cases of duplicate content in Joomla. Nevertheless, avoiding publishing of the PDF or print icons is the best option in this connection. Unless you do it, they will be indexed by the search engines that you never wish for.
Drupal Content Management System –
Apart from Joomla, Drupal is a leading content management system (CMS) used widely online for its powerful social web features. In this system, modules are used in order to organize and display content, customize the site, and manage the tasks. Drupal adheres to web standards at the same time it combines easy social multimedia publishing features. Drupal enables content management in corporate websites, social networking sites, discussion sites, personal websites or blogs, and community web portals. Some major features of Drupal CMS are as follows –
1. Alike any CMS, drupal is used in building SEO friendly websites by facilitating content storage in a database, separating website design from content, making the content highly scalable and updating it easily. Drupal in-built functionality is supportive to various features. Its several freely available modules contribute the common features like forums, blogs, picture galleries, file uploading as well as downloading, forums, e-commerce and newsletters.
2. Drupal is useful for SEO-based web development project owing to various reasons. Many of popular and important websites have adapted Drupal, which has a huge and friendly community to its credit. If you want to develop or extend your heavy-duty site, Drupal is the sole option to accomplish the task. Drupal not only helps to promote brilliant documentation but also makes easy theming in the absence of PHP. However, it gives custom control of HTML elements as well as controls every Meta description tag of the pages. Customizing content types and views, Drupal gives advanced URL control.
3. Strong access control and user role functionality, powerful taxonomy system, tagging and organization of content make it possible for the SEO specialist to go back and view old versions in spite of saving new versions.
Comparison between Joomla and Drupal –
Website owners and web developers are keen on using Joomla and Drupal since the open source content management systems introduced. Both are the favorite CMSs of every SEO specialist due to their ready to use modules that provide framework to the websites. Hence they are popular in the industry in the current times. Some major differences are given here that are incorporated between the duo of Joomla and Drupal.
1. Joomla and Drupal take care of SEO by making use of plug-ins for the additional functionality and modules respectively. Hence Drupal comes with SEO friendly URLs, while Joomla is needed some commercial component.
2. Drupal codes are more skilled, qualitative and professional as compared to Joomla. That is why Drupal allows you of using the same log-in details for the various sites.
3. SEO for Joomla is good when it comes to backend admin functionality and professional looks of the website along with categorized, but limited and slow options as exactly opposite of Drupal.
4. Considering the setting up and development of theme and layout of the website, Drupal is more flexible than Joomla as the latter sets the paradigms encircled about itself.
The implementation and operation of SEO for Joomla are faster and easier, while Drupal is a comprehensive enterprise or business choice.
These major differences between the duo will surely help you in choosing the appropriate one that suits your website requirements.
Read Also: Basics of CMS